- Public Safety & Justice
- About Us
- Reopening Guidance
Peoria County Facilities Reopening in Limited Capacity on June 1, 2020
Peoria County Government Facilities and Services will be reopening in a limited capacity starting June 1, 2020. New protocols will be put in place to help keep the public and County employees healthy and safe during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Staff and visitors to County facilities will be required to follow certain guidelines before being granted access into the building. Residents are encouraged to conduct any County business by phone, email, or web-based communication whenever possible.
Visitor Requirements for All Peoria County Facilities:
- All employees and customers/clients/visitors are required to wear a face covering at all times, unless there is a documented medical reason stating their inability to do so
- All employees and customers/clients/visitors must maintain a minimum of six (6) feet of separation between others wherever possible, unless barriers have been erected to minimize contact between persons
- Visitors may be subject to a pre-entry health screening/questionnaire prior to entering a County facility
- Visitors may be subject to the collection of their names and contact information for the purpose of contact tracing in the event of an outbreak at any County facility. Contact tracing would be conducted by the Peoria City/County Health Department in the event of a significant outbreak.
- Additional information about Peoria County Facility Reopening and Entry Guidelines can be found here.
Reopening Guidelines for the Peoria County Jail - Includes information for Staff and Visitors/Customers/Clients
Reopening Guidelines for the Peoria County Courthouse - Includes information for Staff and Visitors/Customers/Clients
Reopening Guidelines for the Peoria County Juvenile Detention Center (JDC) - Includes information for Staff and Visitors/Customers/Clients
Inmate Visitation to Resume June 1, 2020
Visitation at the Peoria County Jail will resume on a limited schedule beginning June 1, 2020. Visits will be scheduled for Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between the hours of 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Masks and social distancing are required for all visitors to the Peoria County Jail.
Additional rules and regulations for inmate visiting can be found here. Visits can be scheduled online using our visitor scheduling website. Walk-in visits will not be permitted; all visitors must schedule an appointment. Appointments for inmate visitation can be made in-person at the Jail during the hours of 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Other Jail and PCSO Departmental Services
For information regarding impounded vehicles, please call (309) 697-7803 and leave a detailed message with your name and contact information.
For information on Offender Registration, please call (309) 697-7822 to schedule an appointment.
Anyone in need of Victim Services for Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Elder Abuse, Financial Abuse, or information about emergency Orders of Protection can contact the following for assistance:
- Peoria County Family Justice Center: Visit the Family Justice Center Website or call (309) 676-4280
- The Center for Prevention of Abuse: www.centerforpreventionofabuse.org or 1-800-559-7233