The Peoria County Sheriff’s Office grants internship opportunities to college students who are completing a curriculum focused on Criminal Justice, or Law Enforcement Administration.
The Peoria County Sheriff's Office offers a wide variety of law enforcement experience to prospective applicants. While interning with the Peoria County Sheriff's Office college interns can gain experience in corrections, uniformed patrol, court security, investigations, crime lab, and victim services .
To be considered:
- Applicants must be over 18 years of age
- Applicants must be a student in good standing with a recognized college or university
- The internship must be a requirement of the curriculum
- The internship must require a minimum of 200 contact hours
- Applicant must be able to pass a background investigation including, but not limited to: a criminal history check, and a check of references
- Applicant must submit to an oral interview
Please fill out the application below. An application will require:
- What semester you would like to complete the internship in.
- A letter of recommendation from your school’s internship coordinator. The letter must identify you as a student in good standing, currently enrolled in curriculum focused on Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement Administration, and must state that the internship is required for completion of the course of study
- A document which details your school’s internship requirements
- Copy of Driver’s License.
If you have any questions or concerns you can contact the Peoria County Sheriff's Office internship coordinator at email@example.com