Peoria County invites the public to join us for our upcoming Learn with Peoria County classes and tours, made possible in part through Illinois Central College’s Adult Community Programs curriculum.
Peoria County employs experts in fields such as law enforcement, personal health and safety, emergency preparedness, the tax cycle, and more. During these programs, staff members will share knowledge in their fields of expertise, and participants will have the opportunity to interact and ask questions.
These free programs are for ages 18 and older and require registration. Community members can register online at www.icc.edu/acp, by calling ICC at (309) 690-6900, or in-person at ICC North’s Hickory Hall, located at 5407 N. University St. in Peoria.
September 7 – Finding Property Information in Peoria County6 pm at ICC NorthInstructor: Josh Thompson, GIS Manager
• Did you know that residents can easily find out property information, subdivision plats, and various maps all through Peoria County’s Front Desk application? Front Desk is available through the County’s website free of charge. This hands-on workshop will guide users through looking up property characteristics, tax assessments, and residential sales. Interactive maps are also available through the Front Desk map application, including aerial photos, subdivision plats, streets, and topographic maps.
• Direct registration link: https://bit.ly/3ObfWeW
September 13 – Situational Awareness: A Life Safety Skill6 pm at ICC NorthInstructor: Sheriff Chris Watkins
• In a world full of distractions, being situationally aware and attuned to our environment is not always at the forefront of our minds. Join Sheriff Watkins as he talks through the importance of Situational Awareness as it applies to home, public places, suspicious activity, the behaviors of those around us, and making the safest decisions when facing a threat or issue of concern.
• Direct registration link: https://bit.ly/3IIV0Ll
September 19 - Attention Aspiring Food Entrepreneurs! 7 pm at ICC NorthInstructor: Corine Peplinski, Environmental Health Training Specialist
• Have you ever considered baking or cooking for the public, but weren’t sure where to start? This class is for you! We will discuss a variety of license types and what is required for each. Topics include cottage foods, temporary food events, food trucks, full-service establishments, catering, and more!
• Direct registration link: https://bit.ly/3RG2Kl2
October 19 – Situational Awareness: A Life Safety Skill6 pm at ICC NorthInstructor: Sheriff Chris Watkins
October 21 - Protecting Our Animals: Peoria County Animal Shelter Tour3 pm at Peoria County Animal Protection Services
• Learn about the day-to-day operations of the Peoria County Animal Protection Services (PCAPS) animal shelter and animal control. Hear about PCAPS community partnerships and opportunities for you to help abandoned, neglected, or abused animals in our own community. A PCAPS team member will describe volunteer opportunities, explain animal control laws, and discuss such local issues as overpopulation and inhumane care.
• Direct registration link: https://bit.ly/3cxUjJ1